Knowledge and abilities that graduates should acquire:
- Systematically learn about the Arabic language and Arabic Islamic culture, also Arabic politics, economics, culture, history and etc.
- Master basic capacities of listening, speaking, reading and writing of Arabic
- Familiar with practicing English as the second foreign languages to meet the society need
Basic Cultivate Frame
- Graduation Credits: 169. There are 40 public compulsory credits; 6 public optional credits; 16 credits for compulsory language courses; 96 credits for specialized compulsory courses; 11 credits for specialized optional courses. 1 credit military training.
- Total Class Hours: 2987
- Class Hours per week: 20
- Total Teaching Weeks: 133
- Period of Graduation Thesis: 6 weeks, 4 credits
- Time Arrangement for Graduation Thesis: From mid of April to late May of the 8th semester
Compulsory Courses: Arabic Intensive Reading, Arabic Extensive Reading, Listening Arabic, Oral Arabic, Basic Grammar and so on.
Optional Courses: Cambridge Arabic Reading, Introduction of Arabic, Arabic Society and Culture.
Compulsory Courses: Senior Arabic Reading (include: Selected Reading of Literature, Selected Reading of Arabic Political, Economy and Diplomacy Documents), Writing Arabic, Senior Oral Interpretation, Translation Theory and Practice, and etc.
Optional Courses: Study on Arabic Language and Culture, Senior Listening, Spoken and Video in Arabic, Selected Reading of Newspaper and Magazine, Internet Arabic, Business Arabic, Brief History of Arabic, Hot Questions in the Middle East, Thesis Writing, and etc.
Main Practical Contents
- Base on the teaching in class and make the solid language basis.
- Active in developing language practical activities, includes drama performance, Arabic Song and Dance, fellowship activity with Arabic students; Besides, students have the opportunities to participate in Arabic Tests (Level 4 and Level 8), Recital Contest, Composition Contest, Knowledge Contest and Cultural and Artistic Performance, and etc.
Main Professional Practice
Study practices (including exhibitions, oral interpretation and written translation), Work practices (intern in the Ministries of the State Council, news organization, company, etc.)
For Further Study
Master in Spanish language and other social science major home and abroad
The Ministries of the State Council, News Organization, University, Companies, and etc.